Join Go Freediving for a day dedicated to improving your underwater filming and photography skills.
Underwater Filming course
The incredible recent advances in digital technology mean that underwater cameras are more affordable than ever. Of course, it’s one thing to own a camera like a GoPro, but quite another to know how to get the best out of it. Now you can join Go Freediving for a day dedicated to improving your underwater filming and photography skills.
You’ll learn about the golden rules of filmmaking, including:
- Planning your shoot to make the most of your time under the water
- The principles of framing to create beautiful images
- Taking successful selfies so you always look your best
- Directing others underwater to get the most from your ‘cast’
- ‘Shooting to edit’ so that you can easily create seamless sequences
- Using software to edit your footage
- Adding music, titles and other effects to give your film a professional look and feel
Your instructor will be Emma Farrell, herself a multi-award-winning filmmaker who’s directed numerous TV commercials, short films, features and documentaries. As well as working behind the camera, Emma’s also appeared in front of it on many occasions, including River Cottage, Britain’s Secret Seas, Hidden Talent, and The Indestructibles.
You will need to bring your own underwater camera, such as a GoPro with a waterproof housing, though we do have one available to hire on the day if you need it.