Join us for a day dedicated to improving your underwater filming and photography skills
The incredible recent advances in digital technology mean that underwater cameras are more affordable than ever. Of course, it’s one thing to own a camera like a GoPro, but quite another to know how to get the best out of it.
You’ll learn about the golden rules of filmmaking, including:
- Planning your shoot to make the most of your time under the water
- The principles of framing to create beautiful images
- Taking successful selfies so you always look your best
- Directing others underwater to get the most from your ‘cast’
- ‘Shooting to edit’ so that you can easily create seamless sequences
- Using software to edit your footage
- Adding music, titles and other effects to give your film a professional look and feel
Your instructor will be Emma Farrell, herself a multi-award-winning filmmaker who’s directed numerous TV commercials, short films, features and documentaries. As well as working behind the camera, Emma’s also appeared in front of it on many occasions, including River Cottage, Britain’s Secret Seas, Hidden Talent, and The Indestructibles.
You will need to bring your own underwater camera, such as a GoPro with a waterproof housing, though we do have one available to hire on the day if you need it.
- Theory material
- Equipment hire (exc. wetsuit hire, camera)
- Lifetime guarantee*
- Wetsuit hire
- Camera hire
- Vobster Quay entry fee (details)
- Food and refreshments
* Lifetime guarantee details
For as long as Go Freediving is trading, we will happily answer your questions and provide advice via email, telephone or in person about freediving (within the scope of your course). So if you have any queries about kit, training, where to go freediving abroad, or how to improve your technique, we’ll be there for you.
Wetsuit hire is not included in the price of our Underwater Filming courses. Scuba wetsuits are suitable as long as they’re at least 5mm thick. Triathlon suits tend to be less suitable as they don’t have hoods.
Freediving wetsuits can be hired for £15.00 a day from us. If you’d like to reserve one, contact us with your height, weight and build (slim, average or large).
Upper Vobster, Radstock, Somerset, BA3 5SD
Dates for 2017 coming soon
To take part in our Underwater Filming course you must be:
- RAID Freediver, SSI Level 1 or AIDA ** qualified
- Able to swim 100m unaided
You will be required to complete this self-certifying medical form before the course. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the conditions listed you must get approval from your GP.
You will need to provide your own underwater camera, such as a GoPro, and any necessary underwater housing. We have one camera available to hire on the day.