It’s the UK freediving event of the summer and tickets are available now!
The Go Freediving Summer Party is legendary. It’s the chance to catch up with old freediving friends and make new ones. The chance to freedive with top of the range DPVs, try out new equipment, win incredible prizes and eat good food!
This year we’re taking it to the next level with the inaugural Go Freediving Games Freediving Tetrathlon!
You’ll create your own team or be put into one, and compete with your team members in DPV relay racing and other events to be crowned the winner of the Go Freediving Games!
Plus there’s our epic treasure hunt where you can win more top prizes, such as a pair of Spierre carbon fins… The event will last all day, and then you can then tuck into a delicious barbeque in the evening.
In previous years we’ve also used the event to raise money for the RNLI and the Reef Ball Foundation. This year we’re raising money for Plastic Oceans, a global network of independent not-for-profits and charitable organisations, united in their aims to change the world’s attitude towards plastic within a generation and Room to Read, a literacy charity championed by Go Freediving student Tom Kotecki.
John Vickers, CEO of Blue Abyss talking about the project at the Go Freediving Summer Party whilst James Rogers from RAID and John Kendall from GUE and SUEX look on
Come to the summer party and enjoy:
- The Go Freediving Games Freediving Tetrathlon
- Underwater treasure hunt with prizes worth £100s to be won (see below)
- Scuba Diver Top Trumps
- Top-of-the-range DPVs
- Special guest John Vickers of Blue Abyss giving an exclusive update on the 50m deep dive pool planned for the UK
- Special guest Peter King (Oscar and BAFTA award winning hair and make-up designer from The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Star Wars – The Last Jedi, Pirates of the Caribbean and much more) as he shaves the enormous hipster beard off Tom Kotecki for charity
- Kit demos and workshops
- BBQ in the evening
At this year’s summer party you could win:
And the prize list keeps growing!
Check out this gorgeous Eagle Ray pendant with leather necklace worth £30 from the fantastic MarineArtStudio also up for grabs!!
- STAY TUNED FOR DETAILS OF MORE PRIZES TO COME!
Cost: £20 club members and £30 non-members £20 for non-divers and £15 for children under 16
to include BBQ and five free entries to the prize draw. More entries can be won in the treasure hunt or bought if you’re feeling lazy!
(Ticket price does not include entry fee to Vobster Quay. Vobster Quay entry is free for non-divers. Prices can be found at www.vobster.com)