At Go Freediving, we follow the RAID freediving course programme, and offer students a four tiered learning package featuring online theory, exclusive tailor made video content, confined water and open water practical sessions. We aim to equip you with the knowledge and skills to make you a safe and competent advanced freediver in any aquatic environment.
In our mind, it’s not enough just to freedive down to a depth and back. We aim to make you the best all round freediver you can be and the best buddy any freediver could have. The RAID Advanced Freediver course teaches you online theory before your course and covers freediving skills, physiology, depth and pressure, safety management and rescue, training for freediving, the Mammalian Dive Reflex, lung squeeze, tides, currents, waves and underwater life, and stretching for freediving. This online theory is expanded upon by the Go Freediving Instructing team with over 25 exclusive videos, giving you the many decades of our combined freediving experience.
When you arrive for your course, you will have a grounding in freediving theory and be ready to put it all into practice.
Freediving Skills taught on the RAID Advanced Freediver Course
- Correct breathing techniques, both in preparation, and when you surface from a dive
- Identification and selection of the right freediving equipment for you
- The Valsalva, Toynbee, Frenzel and BTV equalisation manoeuvres
- Tips and tricks to make equalisation easier and prevent baratrauma
- Establishing safe and correct buoyancy
- Correct duck diving
- How to fin using freediving fins and maintain streamlining
- The freediving disciplines of Dynamic Apnea, Constant Weight, and Free Immersion
- Correct use of a buoy and line
- Rescue and self rescue skills from depth and at the surface
- Tired and unconscious diver tows
- How to deal with potential hazards, from cramp to mask loss
- Correct buddying, both at the surface and from depth